Traverse City Light & Power (TCL&P) identified a section of line starting at Eastern Avenue going north along Eastwood Avenue to East Orchard Drive then north to the intersection of East Orchard Drive and Sterling Road that needed to be replaced including all poles and conductors within this section. TCL&P determined the line should be relocated from the rear lot line of the properties affected to the East Orchard Drive Right-of-Way (ROW). In relocating the line, TCL&P converted this section to underground.
WHY: The lines current location, which provides electric service to thirty-one meters, had accessibility issues.
WHEN & WHAT TO EXPECT:
The Orchard Heights Overhead-to-Underground project began in late September. The following is an update on the progress of this project:
- Boring for the new underground line is complete.
- Current Electric and C.C. Power, LLC have begun customer conversions over to the new system with completion expected by the second week of December.
- Non-emergent repairs to homeowner properties affected by the project will be completed in spring 2017.
- Removal of the old poles is tentatively scheduled for spring 2017, but is dependent on the transfer of Charter and AT&T lines.
Click here to view a map of the project area.
If you are interested in receiving communications about this project, please sign-up for the Orchard Heights Overhead-to-Underground Conversion Project E-newsletter by completing the following steps:
- Go to www.tclp.org
- On TCL&P’s main page click on the link at the bottom titled “Information is Power. Get our E-Newsletter”
- Provide your email address, first name, last name and check the box next to “Orchard Heights Overhead-to-Underground Conversion Project”
- Answer the Security Check
- Click “Sign Up”